Join The Team
Interior Design Position
Jill Warren Design is looking for more Designers to join the team! We are a full-service, high-end residential interior design firm specializing in kitchens, bathrooms, custom cabinetry, and multi-room interior design projects. Our work is centered in the Oak Park/River Forest area and focuses largely on historic homes.
As an Interior Designer with JWD, you will play an integral role in all phases of our interiors projects including design conceptualization and development, client relationship management, project management, purchasing and procurement, and beyond. This position could be full-time or part-time depending on your needs.
- Works with the Principal Designer to collaboratively define design concepts for clients
- Create full sets of detailed construction drawings
- Effectively produce creative kitchen design layouts including floor plans, detailed elevation drawings, electrical plans, and schedules
- Regularly communicates with homeowners, both in-person and through email
- Listen to client’s wishes and project needs and effectively translate those needs to an actionable plan
- Ability to manage project from concept through completion
- Troubleshoot various problems that can arise throughout the design and implementation phases
- Obtain quotes from a variety of residential vendors including cabinetry, tile, countertops, textiles, lighting, plumbing, furniture, hardware, accessories and beyond.
- Selecting interior materials including cabinetry, countertops, tile, lighting, plumbing, furniture and other soft goods, textiles, accessories
- Create budgets and proposals for clients
- Work within our cabinet specifying program to price out cabinetry for clients
- Coordinate with bookkeeper for issuing timely payments to vendors and requesting payments from clients
- Professionally represent the firm’s values and uphold it’s reputation in the community
- 3-5 years minimum experience working in a design firm
- Interior Design Degree, Interior Architecture Degree, or similar
- Profiency in Autocad is a must!
- Must possess an understanding of cabinet design and construction
- Ability to create full sets of construction documents for use on job-sites and for permitting process
- Ability to do quick hand-sketches is a must
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about designing for other people and making their homes fit for their needs
- Address issues that arise, take initiative and ownership and work to create solutions
- Easily adapt to changing priorities based on the days workload
- Experience with Adobe InDesign to produce design concept boards
- Must have your own vehicle for driving to job-sites, vendors, client’s homes, etc.
- Industry pricing knowledge to prepare budgets
- Must be comfortable communicating with contractors about project details
- Must be able to manage your own time efficiently, on multiple projects at a time
- Willing to learn our CRM and Project Management software
- Willing to learn cabinet pricing software programs
- Knowledge of residential products, including furniture, case goods, soft goods, cabinetry, countertops, tile, appliances, lighting, hardware, plumbing etc.
- Knowledge of 3-D software programs (Sketch-up, Chief Architect, Revit, etc) a bonus
- Experience with designing custom kitchens highly desired
- Annual salary based on experience in the field
- Paid time-off
- Gas mileage reimbursements
- Strong possibility of commissions on product sales after 6 months
Please submit resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.